Housing Systems: Combating poverty and sustaining tenancies.
How Much
There are two types of Employment and Support Allowance:

  • Income-Related, and
  • Contributory (called 'New-Style' if the claimant falls under the UC Service).

How much someone gets will depend on whether they can claim just one - or both.

Employment and Support Allowance is paid fortnightly in arrears.


The amount of Income-related ESA someone can get depends on their household needs and their other income. Find out more here...


Contributory ESA is a single person's allowance for the claimant who has paid sufficient NI contributions. More info here.