More Universal Credit Changes ahead
UNIVERSAL CREDIT CHANGES:
The government have published the amending regulations needed to put into place the changes to UC announced in the Autumn 2017 budget - and there are a few unexpected changes too:
- 7 waiting days - to be abolished from 14th February 2018 - click here for more information.
- Two week HB run-on - for those moving from HB to UC from April 11th 2018 - click here for more information.
- Discretion for extending assessment period where claim backdated - from 11th April 2018, click here for more information.
- Temporary accommodation - to be funded by Housing Benefit from 11th April 2018 - click here for more information.
- Changes to DHP rules for claimants living in 'specified accommodation' and 'temporary accommodation' - from 11th April 2018 - click here for more information.
- Surplus earnings rules - take effect from 11th April 2018 - click here for more information.
- New time limit for providing evidence following beneficial change - reduced to 14 days from 11th April 2018 - click here for more information.
- New rules when suspending conditionality for those previously 'found fit' or treated as 'found fit' - click here for more information.
- Changes to assessment - small increase in work allowance from 9th April 2018, two additional types of pensions added to list of unearned income from 11th April 2018, and net state pension figure to be used where amount of state pension reduced due to overlapping benefit rules - click here for more information.
- Housing Costs for 18-21 year olds - From 11th April 2018, Armed Forces Independence Payment added to list of benefits that would exclude a claimant from the 'no Housing Costs Element' rules under Full / Digital UC. More information on these rules here.
Please click on the links for more information about each change - these details will be updated as more information becomes available.