The following non-EEA nationals can usually claim* Housing Benefit - those with:
- Indefinite Leave to remain ("Settled status")
- Refugee status,
- Discretionary leave (also known as Exceptional leave to remain)
- Humanitarian Protection,
- Certain evacuees, or
- Indefinite Leave through the Gateway Protection Programme or ILR Families Project.
- A Right of Abode.
- Some people fleeing domestic violence.
- Someone who counts as a family member of an EEA National.
NOTE: new claims for HB can only be made by claimants who:
Click on the links below for more information.