Digital Universal Credit - the Essentials: outline
This one day course builds on delegates’ existing knowledge of Universal Credit. It focuses on how the Full / Digital system works and the challenges it poses.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Give advise about who will need to claim UC in a Full / Digital Area and what's required to ensure it runs smoothly,
- Understand the implications of claiming UC for both claimants and landlords and be able to give advice about who has to - and (perhaps more importantly) who doesn't have to claim.
- Help claimants deal with some of the problems they may face if they do claim: untidy tenancies, claims being closed, claims 'missing' elements they are entitled to and others,
- Understand which 18-21 year old claimants will get help with their rent in Full / Digital service UC,
- Ensure that the problems that can arise when claiming UC via the Full / Digital service are kept to a minimum,
- Understand some of the differences between the 'Live' UC and the 'Digital' UC service including the different payment structure for APA managed payments, the 6 month rule and explicit consent.
For a printable version of the outline please Click here.
Plan of day
Outline of Day
9.30am Introductions and Expectations
9.40am UC Refresher - Quick Quiz
How UC Works, What it is replacing, MAPs, payments, how assessed, APAs,
specified accommodation, 'untidy tenancies' etc
10.10am Going Digital - What's happening
Timetable, who is affected and when, migration
Future of HB Who will have to claim?
10.45am Digital - Who has to claim
Who will have to claim - who may want to claim
Who may wrongly be advised to claim
18-21 year olds and housing costs
Implications of claiming - worse off / better off
What about the contributory benefits
Pitfalls of moving onto Digital UC
1.30pm Claims and Payments - from a claimant's perspective - the real claimant journey
Claims: Backdating, registering claim, what's needed, rent verification,
ensuring a complete claim is made and processed
Closed claims - when and how do claimants challenge
Payments: delays, ensuring that they are correct and don't stop
Communication and explicit consent
3.15pm The journey continues - changes in circumstances
How changes impact on a claim
Starting / finishing work - 6 month rule re reclaiming UC
When couples form / separate
APA managed payments - the different payment cycle and implications
4.00pm Other key problem areas / differences