We currently have the following vacancy:
Universal Credit Specialist
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Skipton, North Yorkshire
Starting salary: £27,000 - £29,000 per annum, 25 days holiday and a pension
Contract: Permanent- subject to probationary period
Can you understand Universal Credit legislation, analyse it and see the implications?
Can you transform information into clear and concise written material?
Do you enjoy delivering training courses?
Would you like to work in a small dedicated team?
Do you have a passion for combating poverty and sustaining tenancies?
We’re looking for a confident and motivated person with an analytical mind to join our small established and respected company. You should have a good understanding of Universal Credit Regulations, practical experience of how Universal Credit is working and an enthusiastic desire to expand your expertise.
You will contribute to our work providing information on welfare benefits to the social housing sector and voluntary organisations, to achieve our mission to help these organisations combat poverty and sustain tenancies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and analysing benefit regulations, guidance and other sources of information on Universal Credit and other welfare benefits.
- Proactively developing and updating the information on our website and the other tools (such as template letters).
- Answering emailed benefit queries sent in by our subscribers.
- Developing and presenting training courses on Universal Credit.
Helping us innovate exciting new resources and projects.You will be flexible and happy to “muck in” with all sorts of work – as we are a small team we need a team player who is happy to help out.
Housing Systems (also known as hbnotes), works with social housing landlords and voluntary organisations in sustaining tenancies, preventing arrears and combating poverty. We do this by providing resources, that give their employees confidence and up to date knowledge, to provide accurate advice on the welfare benefit system. We are impartial and non-political.
See our website for Corporate Values – www.housingsystems.co.uk
- Experience of Universal Credit in practice
- Committed to the principles of social housing and to combating poverty
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Confident in giving presentations in an informal and engaging style
Contract and Working Hours
Starting salary: £27,000 - £29,000 per annum
25 days holiday and pension.
Permanent contract subject to 6 month probationary period.
35 hours* – Monday to Friday with at least 3 days a week office based – home working flexible by arrangement. Need to be willing to travel for training with the occasional night away from home.
*We are also open to applications for job share or part time working (salary pro-rata)
How to Apply
The application process is in two stages:
• Our application form including a short written piece (Please note CVs will not be accepted)
• An interview including a short presentation.
To request an application form – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications: 10am, 9th July 2018
Interview date: 16th July 2018